05 Dec Instagram Predictions for 2018
Instagram growth has been pretty consistent since the application was first rolled out and in the past year it has seen an impressive growth in users and popularity. Plus, with Instagram Stories dwindling Snapchat’s unique market, Instagram has managed to secure its place as one of the top performing social media platforms around. In fact, it’s possible to argue that Instagram offers a little bit of everything. However, is the best still yet to come for Instagram? Could the application become even more influential than ever in the next twelve months? Here are some Instagram predictions for 2018.
- Social Commerce Will Be Bigger Than Ever – It’s predicted that social commerce will play a large part in how Instagram is used in 2018. Currently, Instagram influences a great deal of user decisions for purchases made elsewhere; this will only increase if the point of sale is kept within the platform itself. A growing number of Instagram users have already shown interest in purchasing directly from the application.
- Mobile Ad Revenue Will Boom – There’s a great deal of money to be made from mobile ads on social media platforms and with the increased demand for ad space, Instagram is likely to use this to its advantage. Instagram has made a name for itself as the platform of choice for many brands, with many seeing more impressions on Instagram than Facebook. So, it’s no surprise that 2018 is likely to be the year Instagram makes its mark on the mobile ad world.
- Instagram Will Outgrow Other Platforms – As Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp are all interlinked they will see a natural increase in users. However, it is Instagram’s growth into new generations that will really see the platform outgrow others. Instagram is currently seen as a youth focused platform, though it is beginning to appeal to other demographics.
- Instagram Stories Will Take Centre Stage – Instagram continues to update it’s story options regularly, something that cannot be said for other similar platforms such as Snapchat. With Boomerang, Superzoom and Live Video all proving popular, Instagram Stories will become bigger than ever in 2018 as more updates are rolled out.
- Instagram Will Move Into AR and VR – AR and VR will work well with Instagram Stories, so it’s only a matter of time before Instagram shows itself as being a leader in this field. Though Facebook has purchased a company that allows users to remove objects from videos, Instagram may streamline the AR and VR process to the point that it outperforms Facebook.
As you can see, 2018 is likely to be the year that Instagram breaks away from other similar platforms and makes a name for itself as being the place to be. With the promise of better mobile ad revenue, improved features and a constant growth in users it’s easy to predict that Instagram should be part of everyone’s 2018 social media marketing plan.