Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of the pillars of digital marketing. Even before you can generate leads and convert sales, your website needs to be found. This means that you have to optimise the technical side of your website, write relevant content, and build links. Doing so can put your website in the top ranking of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) environment which can translate into a lot of business opportunities.
Keep in mind, however, that SEO doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a long-term process that entails critical planning, careful execution, constant monitoring, and necessary adjustments to yield positive results over time.
SEO is a long-term investment. If you’re looking to get started on the journey, here are three effective tasks that you should undertake. Read below to see if you need a digital cloud agency that can help you out with your SEO implementation.
1. Optimise the technical side of your website
Implementing technical SEO is the initial step to take, which involves optimising the non-content elements of your website. When it comes to this, you should strive to attain an excellent User Experience (UX) on your website. To achieve this, here are a few tactics to employ:
- Have a well-structured User Interface (UI).
- Employ the minimalist approach and avoid clutter.
- Use ample white space (empty space on your site)
- Utilise the power of colour psychology.
- Improve your site navigation.
- Boost the speed of your loading page.
- Implement an order of hierarchy for all vital elements on your site
2. Produce valuable content with a keyword strategy
Implementing on-page SEO is the most crucial aspect of your digital marketing strategy, as the online world collectively agrees that content is king. Whether it’s in the form of text, video, or image, ensure the content you produce clearly represents your brand and resonates with your target audience. They must also be optimised for organic search using appropriate keywords. Here are a few tips for you:
- Create a blog page as part of your business website.
- Regularly produce and publish blog posts.
- Conduct keyword research to find relevant phrases or words.
- Strategically position your keywords and avoid keyword stuffing.
- Be sure that your content is valuable and relevant as always.
3. Build links and engage in off-site activities
Off-page SEO is another facet of your overall implementation, usually associated with link building. Know, however, that this aspect goes beyond creating links and happens outside of your website. It refers to all activities that you do away from your website that can increase your ranking in SERP. Here’s what you can do:
- Use internal links to offer easy navigation.
- Work on external link building.
- Link to quality content and credible sources.
- Focus on quality over quantity.
- Take advantage of social media.
- Post and share content on social media channels.
- Add multiple friends and have a strong following.
- Share content on other digital platforms to establish your site authority.
There’s no doubt that SEO takes a lot of effort, time, and patience before actual results are seen. To implement your strategy for the long term, optimise the technical side of your website, produce valuable content with a keyword strategy, and build links and engage in off-site activities. All these will help kick your SEO up a notch that can yield positive results over time for the good of your business!
We’re a providing full digital marketing services such as SEO, PPC, content marketing, email marketing, and social media event marketing. If you’re looking to implement a long-term SEO, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!